Did you know that.....
sunscreen claiming "waterproof" or "water resistant" only need 50% of their UV filters left after 40 minutes in water?
If they are applied as an SPF50 - they are now an SPF25.
So where did 50% of the chemicals go?
If you swim in the sea, then they get washed into the sea. There, the ingredient Oxybenzone is responsible for destroying marine life and bleaching coral.
If you swim in the swimming pool, the ingredient Avobenzone reacts with the pool's chlorine. The outcome is a toxic compound, called Chlorinated Acetyl Benzenes.
There is more bad news:
Because regular sunscreens are oil-in-waer based, chemicals easily penetrate the skin and end up in the bloodstream. Oxybenzone has been linked to hormone disruption, damaging cells and skin cancer.
- Safe Sea sunscreens are free of Oxybenzone, Parabens and Perfumes.
- Safe Sea does not dilute in water - 97% stays on skin, even after 80 minutes in water.
- Safe Sea is world's only water-in-oil based sunscreen, protecting your skin from chlorine.
- Safe Sea is world's only sunscreen which prevents jellyfish stings.
Safe Sea - Jellyfish and Sea Lice Sting Protection
- Moisturizing - anti skin aging
- Waterproof - 97% stays on skin, even after 80 minutes in water
- Resistant to Chlorine and sand
- Sensitive skin tested - face and body
- Oxybenzone Free
- Paraben Free
- Perfume Free